|• Total||c. 2,250|
Because of its location on the Hegemer lake eel fishery and trade have been important to Heeg for a long time. Until 1938, eels from Heeg were exported to London. The Hegemers could thereby free use of the Dutch Mooring (Dutch landing) at the Thames, not far from the Tower of London. The trade was so important to the village that there was a time that the children from Heeg at primary school al learned English .
Nowadays, Heeg is a known water sports center with a variety of marinas and shipyards. This is the shipyard for flat bottoms Piersma the most famous ???. This shipyard was taken into use more than 300 years ago. In the center of the village are a few buildings from the 18th century including the Dutch Reformed Church from 1745.
- 1954 - 2481
- 1959 - 2441
- 1964 - 2484
- 1969 - 1471
- 1973 - 1494
- 2006 - 2241
- W.O. Santema - Heeg en de Palinghandel op Londen" (1995), "Greolshaven, in pleats yn oarlochstiid" (1993) en Wapendropping op 'e Gouden Boayum(1992)
- Jan Zetzema - De Friese Palingaken (1996)
- G. Gerritsma, K. de Jong, L. van der Pol, J. Vleer en T. Zijlstra - Heeg en de Hegemers (1987)
- Sicco van Albada - De Helling onder Heeg (1999),
- Website of municipality Súdwest Fryslân
Media related to Heeg at Wikimedia Commons