|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
|Traded as||FWB: HDD|
|Dr. Gerold Linzbach (CEO and chairman of the executive board), Robert J. Koehler (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Products||Printing presses, platesetters, printing software|
|Revenue||€2.629 billion (2010/2011)|
|€6.2 million (2010/2011)|
|Profit||(€128.9 million) (2010/2011)|
|Total assets||€2.643 billion (March 2011)|
|Total equity||€868.6 million (March 2011)|
Number of employees
|15,830 (March 2011)|
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (English: Heidelberg Printing Machines AG) is a German precision mechanical engineering company with head offices in Heidelberg (Baden-Württemberg). It is a manufacturer of offset printing presses sold globally. The company has a worldwide market share of more than 47% in this area and is the largest global manufacturer of printing presses. Sheet-fed offset printing is used predominantly for high-quality, multi-colour products, such as catalogues, calendars, posters, and labels. Heidelberg produces equipment for prepress, press and postpress, and is the only company in the world that does so.
On 23 February 2011, Heidelberg announced a partnership with Ricoh, entering into a global distribution agreement contract to sell and support the Japanese company's latest production digital colour press, the Pro C901, alongside their extensive offset press portfolio.
Like much of the printing industry, Heidelberg has suffered and its employees have been subject to layoffs and pay cuts in past years.
There is a subsidiarity called Adolf Mohr Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG.
In Offset: Printmaster GTO 52, Printmaster QM-46, Printmaster PM 52 (only sold in China), Speedmaster SM 52, Printmaster PM 74 (only sold in China), Speedmaster SM 74, Speedmaster SM 102, Speedmaster CD 74, , Speedmaster XL 75, Speedmaster XL 105, Speedmaster XL 145 and Speedmaster XL 162. (GTO stands for Grosser Tiegel Offset; CD for Cardboard Diameter; and XL for peak performance class, not for extra large.)
- "Annual Report 2010/2011". Heidelberger Druckmaschinen. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- Whipp, Matt (23 February 2011). "Heidelberg names Ricoh as digital partner". PrintWeek.
- Kemper, Gustav. "German unions agree to more layoffs at Heidelberg". World Socialist Web Site. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heidelberger Druckmaschinen.|
- Official website
- Druckmaschinen Datenbank Printing machines since 1900 – Summary of all offset and letterpress machines ever built, including Heidelberg models
- Year of manufacture Tool for the calculation of the year of manufacture codes (1950–2004) for used Heidelberg printing machines.