NESN reporter Heidi Watney talks to the Boston Red Sox David Ortiz during batting practice before the start of the last game she covered, the Red Sox at Orioles game on September 28, 2011.
|Born||May 19, 1981|
|Alma mater||University of San Diego (B.A., 2003)|
Heidi Watney (born May 19, 1981) is an American sportscaster. She is a Host and Reporter for MLB Network. Her past sportscasting experience includes roles at New England Sports Network in Boston, Time Warner Cable SportsNet in Los Angeles, and two stations in Fresno.
Watney's past positions include the Boston Red Sox on-field reporter, host of "The Red Sox Report" and "The Ultimate Red Sox Show" on Boston-based regional sports network NESN (a position she began in May 2008); and prior to that, a sports talk radio host for ESPN Radio 1430 KFIG, and a weekend sports anchor for KMPH-TV; both based in Fresno. In November, 2011, Watney was hired away from the NESN network to work as a sideline reporter for the upcoming regional sports network Time Warner Cable SportsNet in Los Angeles. However, in September 2012 Watney left Time Warner to join MLB Network. She hosts the MLB Network's show Quick Pitch every weeknight in 2013.
Watney has competed in the Miss California pageant, where she was the first runner-up in 2002. She was a National Merit Scholar and attended the University of San Diego on an academic scholarship, where she graduated with honors in 2003.
She appeared in the Dropkick Murphys music video Going Out in Style.
- Heidi Watney Bio - NESN.com (archived 2012)
- Ding, Kevin. "Lakers’ 2012-13 sideline reporter: Heidi Watney". Lakers Blog. The Orange County Register. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- Pepin, Matt (19 November 2012). "Heidi Watney joins MLB Network". boston.com. The Buzz. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Nick Watney". PGA Tour. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- Marrapese-Burrell, Nancy (9 May 2008). "Watney making a connection". The Boston Globe.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|