|Established||April 17, 1961|
|Students||ca. 6,000 (as of 2010)|
|Location||Heilbronn, Künzelsau and Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
Staatliche Ingenieurschule Heilbronn
- At April 17, 1961 the Staatliche Ingenieurschule Heilbronn (State Engineering School) was established in Heilbronn.
- Since 1965 it is located in Heilbronn-Sontheim.
- In 1969 the four existing technical study courses were complemented by the first economical course.
- In 1971 the school was renamed to Fachhochschule Heilbronn (University of Applied Sciences)
- In 1972 the study course medical computer science was founded in cooperation with the University of Heidelberg.
- In 1988 the outside campus Künzelsau opened.
- Since 2004 the diplom degrees were replaced by a bachelor/master-system.
- In 2005 the Fachhochschule was renamed to Hochschule Heilbronn (University).
- In 2009 the outside campus Schwäbisch Hall opened.
Faculties and courses
- Heilbronn: 2 technical faculties with 8 bachelor courses and 4 master courses
- Heilbronn: 2 economical faculties with 9 bachelor courses and 5 master courses
- Heilbronn: faculty of computer science with 2 bachelor courses and 2 master courses
- Künzelsau: faculty of technics and economy with 6 bachelor courses and 4 master courses
- Schwäbisch Hall: faculty of management and marketing with 3 bachelor courses
Study programmes in Heilbronn University
Automotive Systems Engineering (B.Eng.)
Drive Systems and Mechatronics* (B.Sc.)
Electronic Systems Engineering (M.Eng.)
Electronics and Information Technology (B.Eng.)
Electrical Engineering* (B.Sc.)
Electrical Engineering* (M.Sc.)
Energy Management* (B.Eng.)
Industrial Engineering* (B.Eng.)
Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng.)
Mechanical Engineering (M.Eng.)
Mechatronics and Microsystems Engineering (B.Eng.)
Process and Environmental Engineering (B.Sc.)
Production and Logistics (B.Eng.)
Technical Management*** (M.Eng.)
Technical Logistics Management (B.Eng.)
Business Administration (B.A.)
Business Administration and Culture, Leisure, Sports Management* (B.A.)
Business Administration and Culture, Leisure and Sports Management* (M.A.)
Business Administration, Marketing and Media Management* (B.A.)
Business Administration in Public Transport Management (B.A.)
Business Administration in Transport and Logistics Management (B.A.)
Business Administration in Transport and Logistics (M.A.)
Business Management (M.A.)
Business Management and Sales: Financial Services**(B.A.)
Business Management and Sales: Industry**(B.A.)
Business Management and Sales: Trade**(B.A.)
Electronic Business (B.Sc.)
Hotel- and Restaurant management (B.A.)
International Business - Eastern Europe (B.A.)
International Business & Intercultural Management (M.A.)
International Business - Intercultural Studies (B.A.)
International Marketing and Communication* (M.A.)
International Tourism Management (M.A.)
Tourism Management (B.A.)
Wine Management (B.A.)
* Campus Künzelsau ** Campus Schwäbisch Hall
Medical Informatics (B.Sc.)
Medical Informatics (M.Sc.)
Software Engineering (B.Sc.)
Software Engineering and Management (M.Sc.)
Approximate number of students
Heilbronn University has been enjoying favorable reviews from the Centre of Development for University of Applied Sciences (German:„Centrum für Hochschulentwicklung“ (CHE)).
The course Process and Environmental Engineering on the other hand achieved excellent scores in nine out of fourteen examined criteria. Heilbronn University is one of the few Universities of Appllied Sciences that offers both Process as well as Environmental Engineering under the same course title and belongs to the elite group in the field.
- Petermann, Wolfgang (1974). "Fachhochschule Heilbronn". Stadt- und Landkreis Heilbronn (in German). Stuttgart and Aalen: Theiss. pp. 218–220. ISBN 3-8062-0121-8.
- "Hochschule Heilbronn" (in German).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hochschule Heilbronn.|