Hein Schreuder (Jakarta, 1951) is a Dutch economist and business executive, former Executive Vice-President Corporate Strategy & Acquisitions at DSM and former Professor at the University of Maastricht. especially known for his work on "Economic approaches to organizations" with Sytse Douma.
Schreuder graduated in Business Economics in 1976 at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. In 1981 he obtained his Ph.D. at the Vrije Universiteit on his thesis "Maatschappelijke Verantwoordelijkheid en Maatschappelijke Berichtgeving van Ondernemingen" ("Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Social Reporting")
Schreuder started work in 1975 as business researcher at the Netherlands Economic Institute. From 1976 to 1981 he worked as Head of Business Economic Research at the Economic and Social Institute of the Free University of Amsterdam, of which he was subsequently the director from 1981 to 1984. After a sabbatical at the University of Washington in Seattle he was appointed as one of the first professors at the newly established Faculty of Economics at the University of Maastricht. In 1991 Schreuder went into business life when he was recruited by Royal DSM as member of the management team of the division Polymers. In 1994 he became deputy director of Corporate Planning & Development of DSM and in 1996 director. Schreuder has acted as corporate strategist of DSM for 15 years, most recently as Executive Vice-President Corporate Strategy & Acquisitions (until 2012). He was labelled as the "Architect of the new DSM".
Schreuder was Fellow at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) and at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study (NIAS) as well as Distinguished Visiting Professor at the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS). He is currently director at the Vlerick Business School, Chairman of the Supervisory Boards of Ecorys and LVO as well as Board Advisor and author.
Schreuder published seven books and many articles in the fields of business economics, strategic management and (economic) organization theory. His best-known book is "Economic Approaches to Organizations" (with Sytse Douma) which was first published in 1991 (5th edition in 2012) and was translated in six languages.
Schreuder authored an co-authored many publications. Books, a selection:
- 1980. Het financiële jaarverslag van ondernemingen: een onderzoek onder gebruikers (The corporate annual report: a user study). With Jan Klaassen. Leiden: Stenfert Kroese
- 1981. Maatschappelijke verantwoordelijkheid en maatschappelijke berichtgeving van ondernemingen (Corporate social responsibility and corporate social reporting). Leiden: Stenfert Kroese.
- 1982. De voorspelbaarheid van omzetten en winsten (The predictability of sales and earnings). With Jan Klaassen. Leiden: Stenfert Kroese.
- 1984. European contributions to accounting research: the achievements of the last decade. With Anthony Hopwood. Amsterdam: Vrije Universiteit Uitgeverij.
- 1985. Economische wetenschappen: eenheid in verscheidenheid? (Unity and diversity in the economic sciences). With Joan Muysken. Assen : Van Gorcum.
- 1991. Economic approaches to organizations. 5th edition (2012). With Sytse Douma. London: Prentice Hall / Pearson Education 
- 1993. Interdisciplinary perspectives on organization studies. With Siegwart Lindenberg. Oxford: Pergamon Press
- Hein Schreuder, Broad Member And Advisor, Business Administration Educator at marquiswhoswho.com
- Pollitt, Christopher. The essential public manager. McGraw-Hill International, 2003.
- Van Thiel, Sandra, and Frans L. Leeuw. "The performance paradox in the public sector." Public Performance & Management Review (2002): 267-281.
- "Maatschappelijke verantwoordelijkheid en maatschappelijke berichtgeving van ondernemingen". Dare.ubvu.vu.nl. 1981-05-14. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Matthews, Sheenagh (2011-05-13). "DSM Seeks M&A Chief to Lead Growth Program After Adding Investment Bankers". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Integrated Annual Report - Vision 2010". Annualreport2010.dsm.com. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- See: Henk Volberda et al, Re-inventing Business, Van Gorcum, 2013 and De Limburger, 12 November 2011.
- "Hein schreuder - Google Scholar". Scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Pearson Education - Economic Approaches to Organisations". Pearsoned.co.uk. 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- Hein Schreuder at Google Scholar.