|Heinrich Georg Nickel|
|Born||5 December 1894
|Died||2 January 1979
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1914 – 1918
1935 – 1946
|Commands held||342nd Infantry Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police Officer|
Heinrich Georg Nickel (5 December 1894 – 2 January 1979) was a German general who commanded the 342nd Infantry Division during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Heinrich Nickel was captured by Allied troops in May 1945 and was released in 1948.
Awards and decorations 
- Iron Cross (1914)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Cross of Honor in 1934
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal
- Demyansk Shield
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Silver
- in Gold
- German Cross in Gold (29 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (30 April 1944 and 11 July 1944)
- Thomas 1998, p. 117.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 154.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 68.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 3-7648-2300-3.
Generalleutnant Albrecht Baier
|Commander of 342nd Infantry Division
25 September 1943 - 8 May 1945
|This biographical article related to the military of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|