|Heinrich Wilhelm Ochßner|
28 May 1912|
|Died||16 September 1944
|Years of service||1935–1944|
|Commands held||Füselier Battalion 132|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
|Other work||Police Officer|
Heinrich Wilhelm Ochßner (28 May 1912 – 16 September 1944) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Heinrich Ochßner was killed on 16 September 1944 in Ērgļi, Latvia.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (10 June 1940)
- 1st Class (10 June 1940)
- West Wall Medal (16 July 1940)
- Infantry Assault Badge (2 October 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (23 January 1940)
- in Silver (30 May 1942)
- in Gold (20 February 1943)
- Eastern Front Medal (10 August 1942)
- Crimea Shield (16 December 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (1 July 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 19 August 1944 as Major and commander of Divisions-Füsilier-Bataillon 132
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 268.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.