31 January 1928|
|Died||15 August 2002
|Institutions||University of Erlangen-Nuremberg|
|Alma mater||University of Erlangen-Nuremberg|
|Doctoral advisor||Otto Haupt|
|Doctoral students||Karl-Theodor Sturm|
|Notable awards||Bavarian Order of Merit
Fellow of the Leopoldina
Chauvenet Prize (1980)
Bauer studied at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and received his PhD there in 1953 under the supervision of Otto Haupt and finished his habilitation in 1956, both for work with Otto Haupt. After a short time from 1961 to 1965 as professor at the University of Hamburg he stayed his whole career at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. His research focus was the Potential theory, Probability theory and Functional analysis
- Bauer, Heinz (1978). "Approximation and Abstract Boundaries". Amer. Math. Monthly 85: 632–647.
- Dalang, Robert C. (2002). "Heinz Bauer (1928–2002)". Expositiones Mathematicae 20 (4): 289. doi:10.1016/S0723-0869(02)80008-1.
- Konrad Jacobs, Obituary in Aequationes Mathematicae, Vol.65, 2003, p. 1
- Heinz Bauer in the German National Library catalogue
- Obituary by Wulf-Dieter Geyer, pdf Datei (1,07 MB)
- Obituary in the Uni-Protokollen
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Heinz Bauer", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews.
- Bauer at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|This article about a German mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|