|Born||1 July 1957|
Hofschneider was a gubernatorial candidate in the 2001, 2005, and 2009 elections. His best gubernatorial election result came in 2009, when he was the Republican nominee for Governor of the Northern Mariana Islands in the 2009 gubernatorial election. Representative Arnold I. Palacios of Saipan, the current Speaker of the House, was Hofschneider's running mate for Lieutenant Governor. Hofschneider won the initial popular vote but failed to gain a majority, triggering a runoff against the incumbent, Benigno Fitial. Fitial won the runoff by 370 votes and therefore was re-elected.
Hofschneider's wife is Susan Sablan Hofschneider. Hofschneider represents Election District 3 in the House, which encompasses portions of Saipan and the Northern Islands.
- Casas, Gemma Q. (2009-10-13). "Registered voters up by 15%". Marianas Variety News & Views. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- Eugenio, Haidee V. (2009-11-09). "Independents to seal Heinz or Fitial victory". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved 2009-11-15.
- Eugenio, Haidee V. (2009-11-23). "CNMI holds first runoff election". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved 2009-11-23.
- Eugenio, Haidee V. (2009-12-08). "Fitial seals victory with 370 lead". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved 2009-12-20.
- Eugenio, Haidee V. (April 8, 2014). "Independent bid for Babauta, Torres". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
|Party political offices|
|Republican nominee for Governor of Northern Mariana Islands
|This article about a Northern Mariana Islands politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|