|Directed by||Grant Harvey|
|Written by||James Kearns and Maria Nation (teleplay)
Michelle Renee Ramskill-Estey as Michelle Renee (novel)
Held Hostage is a Lifetime Movie starring Julie Benz that aired on July 19, 2009. It is based on the true story of Michelle Renee Ramskill-Estey who also wrote the novel. Hal Foxton Beckett was nominated for a Leo Award for the music featured in the movie.
Michelle Ramskill-Estey (Julie Benz), a single mother, is kidnapped by three masked men and held hostage until she is forced to rob a bank which is the only option she has to save her only child's life while they are both wired to explode.
In November of 2000, Michelle Ramskill-Estey and her 7-year-old daughter Breea Ramskill returned to their Needles, California home, only to find 4 men, armed with guns. They strapped fake bombs to the two and ordered Ramskill-Estey to drive to a Bank of America location, where she worked, and give them the $360,000 in the vault. Three people were charged, two men and one woman. The two men were convicted and the woman was acquitted of all charges. The story was shown on I Survived... and 48 Hours.
- Julie Benz as Michelle Ramskill-Estey
- Brendan Penny as Chris Clark/Money One
- Sonja Bennett as Sandi Clark
- Natasha Calis as Breea Ramskill
- "Man Gets Life For Kidnapping Bank Manager". ABC 10News. February 28, 2003. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Casey Glynn (September 10, 2012). "FBI investigates Calif. bank heist, alleged kidnap as possible "copycat" case". CBS News. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- "Vista Bank Kidnappers Convicted". ABC 10News. September 12, 2002. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- Moshay Simpson (June 19, 2002). "He testifies bank manager came up with robbery idea". U-T San Diego. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
- ""48 Hours Mystery:" Show Me The Money". CBS News. October 3, 2009. Retrieved March 9, 2015.
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|