|Years active||1983 -|
Helen Buday (born 1962) is an Australian theatre, TV, movie actress and singer. She appeared as "Savannah Nix" in the film Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. She was awarded Best Actress at the 48th Valladolid International Film Festival in 2003 for her role in Alexandra's Project.
She graduated from the National Institute for Dramatic Art in 1983, and has since become one of Australia's leading theater actors. Buday has performed with most of Australia's leading theater companies, including roles in A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Three Sisters, The Importance of Being Earnest, and The Doll's House.
Buday is also a singer, and she has played the lead roles in My Fair Lady, Cabaret, High Society and The Three-penny Opera.
She made her major screen debut as Savannah Nix, leader of the feral children in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Besides her regular theater work, Buday has also appeared in various Australian television series including Land of Hope, Secrets, Water Rats and Stingers.
- Five Mile Creek: "The Hangman's Noose" (1984) as Bess
- Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) as Savannah Nix
- Land of Hope (miniseries) (1986) as Sarah Quinn
- For Love Alone (1986) as Teresa
- Shadow of the Cobra (1989) as Monique Leclerc
- Dingo (1991) as Jane Anderson
- Road to Alice (1992) as Alice
- Water Rats: "Wrecked" (1996) as Peggy Newland
- Let's Get Skase (2001) as Judith Turner
- Stingers: "In the Gun" (2002) as Lois Dunlap
- Alexandra's Project (2003) as Alexandra
- All Saints: "To Forgive, Divine" (2003) as Belinda Mawson
- "Helen Buday at Filmbug". Retrieved July 8, 2013.
|This article on an Australian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian theatre actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|