Helena Regional Airport
|Helena Regional Airport
Helena Army Airfield
|USGS 2006 orthophoto|
|IATA: HLN – ICAO: KHLN – FAA LID: HLN|
|Owner||Helena Regional Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||3,877 ft / 1,182 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Helena Regional Airport (IATA: HLN, ICAO: KHLN, FAA LID: HLN) is a public airport two miles northeast of Helena, in Lewis and Clark County, Montana. It is owned by the Helena Regional Airport Authority.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year). Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 85,649 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 88,314 in 2009 and 98,193 in 2010.
Helena Regional Airport covers 1,224 acres (495 ha) at an elevation of 3,877 feet (1,182 m). It has three asphalt runways: 9/27 is 9,000 by 150 feet (2,743 x 46 m); 5/23 is 4,644 by 75 feet (1,415 x 23 m); 16/34 is 2,989 by 75 feet (911 x 23 m).
In 2011 the airport had 43,203 aircraft operations, average 118 per day: 68% general aviation, 14% military, 14% air taxi, and 4% airline. 267 aircraft were then based at the airport: 74% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 2% jet, 3% helicopter, 2% ultralight, and 5% military.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Great Falls, Seattle/Tacoma|
|Delta Connection operated by Compass Airlines||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines||Salt Lake City|
|United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines||Denver|
|1||Salt Lake City, UT||39,000||Delta|
- FAA Airport Master Record for HLN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Helena Regional Airport, official site
- (PDF), effective March 6, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HLN, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: