Helena Regional Airport
|Helena Regional Airport
Helena Army Airfield
|USGS 2006 orthophoto|
|IATA: HLN – ICAO: KHLN – FAA LID: HLN|
|Owner||Helena Regional Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||3,877 ft / 1,182 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Helena Regional Airport (IATA: HLN, ICAO: KHLN, FAA LID: HLN) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) northeast of the central business district of Helena, a city in Lewis and Clark County, Montana, United States. It is owned by the Helena Regional Airport Authority.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year). As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 85,649 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 88,314 enplanements in 2009, and 98,193 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Helena Regional Airport covers an area of 1,224 acres (495 ha) at an elevation of 3,877 feet (1,182 m) above mean sea level. It has three asphalt paved runways: 9/27 is 9,000 by 150 feet (2,743 x 46 m); 5/23 is 4,644 by 75 feet (1,415 x 23 m); 16/34 is 2,989 by 75 feet (911 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 43,203 aircraft operations, an average of 118 per day: 68% general aviation, 14% military, 14% air taxi, and 4% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 267 aircraft based at this airport: 74% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 2% jet, 3% helicopter, 2% ultralight, and 5% military.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service:
|Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon Air||Great Falls, Seattle/Tacoma|
|Delta Connection operated by Compass Airlines||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines||Salt Lake City|
|United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines||Denver|
|1||Salt Lake City, UT||37,230||Delta|
|6||Great Falls, MT||<1,000||Alaska|
|7||Wolf Point, MT||<1,000|
|10||Cedar Rapids, IA||<1,000|
- FAA Airport Master Record for HLN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Helena Regional Airport, official site
- (PDF), effective May 30, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HLN, effective May 30, 2013
- Resources for this airport: