Helene Tursten (born in Gothenburg in 1954) is a Swedish writer of crime fiction. The main character in her stories is Detective Inspector Irene Huss. Before becoming an author, Tursten worked as a nurse and then a dentist, but was forced to leave due to illness. During her illness she worked as a translator of medical articles.
- 1998 - Den krossade tanghästen (English translation: Detective Inspector Huss, 2003)
- 1999 - Nattrond (English translation: Night Rounds, 2012)
- 1999 - Tatuerad torso (English translation: The Torso, 2006)
- 2002 - Kallt mord
- 2002 - Glasdjävulen (English translation: The Glass Devil, 2007)
- 2004 - Guldkalven (English translation: The Golden Calf, 2013)
- 2005 – Eldsdansen (English translation: The Fire Dance, 2014)
- 2007 – En man med litet ansikte (English translation: The Beige Man, 2015)
- 2008 – Det lömska nätet
- 2010 – Den som vakar i mörkret
Tursten has also written two non-Irene Huss books..
Several films have been made derived from Tursten's works featuring Irene Huss, produced by Illusion Films and Yellow Bird Films. These are in Swedish with Danish and English sub-titles. The production of more films has been underway since early 2011. (See the for additional details.)
- 2007 - Irene Huss – Tatuerad Torso
- 2007 - Den krossade tanghästen
- 2008 - Nattrond
- 2008 - Glasdjävulen
- 2008 - Eldsdansen
- 2008 - Guldkalven
- 2011 - Den som vakar i mörkret
- 2011 - Det lömska nätet
- 2011 - En man med litet ansikte
- Video introduction by Helene Tursten (in Swedish) to Irene Huss films made for Swedish TV.
- Trailer for The Torso (in Swedish).
- Review of Detective Inspector Huss in January Magazine.
|This article about a Swedish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|