Helene Fischer on Tour 2013
|Birth name||Jelena Petrowna Fischer (Russian: Елена Петровна Фишер)|
August 5, 1984 |
Krasnoyarsk, Soviet Union
Helene Fischer (born August 5, 1984) is a German singer and entertainer. Since her debut in 2005 she has won numerous awards, including eight Echo awards, four "Krone der Volksmusik" awards and the Bambi award. According to record certifications she has sold at least 9,115,000 albums. In June 2014, her multi platinum 2013 album "Farbenspiel" became the most legally downloaded album by a German artist of all time.
Helene Fischer was born in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, Russia (then the Soviet Union) as the second child to Peter and Maria Fischer. Her father worked as a physical education teacher and her mother as an engineer at a university. Her paternal grandparents were Volga Germans who had been deported to Siberia in 1941. In 1988, at the age of four, she emigrated with her parents and her six year older sister to Wöllstein, Germany. 
After graduating from school, Helene Fischer attended the Frankfurt Stage & Musical School for three years, where she studied singing and acting. During this time, Helene performed on stage at the State Theatre of Darmstadt, as well as on the stage of National Theatre in Frankfurt. Since May 2008 she has been dating Florian Silbereisen. In October 2011 Fischer was presented with her own wax figure in the Berlin Madame Tussauds museum.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
During her time at the Stage & Musical School, her mother secretly copied a demo CD with six of Fischer's songs and sent it to different recording studios to gauge the reaction of professionals.
She has won three “Echo” awards, the “Goldene Henne” award twice, and the “Krone der Volksmusik” prize three times. All her albums and DVDs have achieved multiple gold and double platinum status. Her songs, with their stories of the everyday worries and woes of home-loving folks, are lyrically close to what could be called “country music” although musically quite different.
Her circle of fans extends beyond Germany into large part to Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, England, and Finland.
She released her first English album, "The English Ones", on June 7, 2010. The album was produced by Jean Frankfurter, a German producer, composer and arranger for 40 years. On singing in English, Fischer commented: “I have always dreamed of singing my songs in another language. English is the language of Country, the music that we call ’Schlager’. Language is a tool, but it is important that what you sing comes from the heart – and that is what this album is about.”
In January 2013 she made her acting debut in an episode of the German TV series Das Traumschiff.
On October 4, 2013 she released her new album "Farbenspiel" in Germany, and confirmed a Tour in the year 2014. The album received platinum after 5 days in Germany, Denmark and Austria. Farbenspiel is the most successful release of a German female artist in the first week of release the last 10 years.
- Von hier bis unendlich (2006)
- So nah wie du (2007)
- Zaubermond (2008)
- So wie ich bin (2009)
- Für einen Tag (2011)
- Farbenspiel (2013)
- 2013: for Musik national
- 2009: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2009: for DVD Produktion des Jahres (Mut zum Gefühl Live)
- 2010: for DVD Produktion national (Zaubermond Live)
- 2012: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2013: for DVD Produktion national (Für einen Tag – Live 2012)
- 2013: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2014: for Album des Jahres
- 2014: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2007: for Aufsteigerin des Jahres
- 2008: for Musik
- 2010: for Leserpreis Musik
- 2012: for Publikumspreis Musik
- 2012: for Beste Musik national
Krone der Volksmusik
- 2008: for the Erfolg des Jahres 2007
- 2009: for the Erfolg des Jahres 2008
- 2010: as Erfolgreichste Sängerin 2009
- 2012: as Erfolgreichste Sängerin 2011
- 2014: as Beliebteste Moderatorin – Show
- Music certifications: AT CH DE DK
- "Helene Fischer bricht Alltime-Download-Rekord" (in German). Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Хелена Фишер: «Я родилась в Сибири…»
- "Helene Fischer: Schön wie im Märchen". Der Westen (in German). Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Helene Fischer – Stationen einer Karriere" (in German). Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Helene Fischer Tourdates. Vorverkaufstarts.de Retrieved 5. October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Helene Fischer.|
- Official Website (in German)
- Official Helene Fischer Fan-Club (in German)
- Unofficial Helene Fischer Fansite (in German)
- Helene Fischer on YouTube
- Helene Fischer at the Internet Movie Database
- English Lyrics