From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heliograph is a word derived from helios (Greek Ἥλιος / ἥλιος "sun") and graphein (γραφειν "to write"). It has several uses:
- the heliograph, a device used for optical signalling
- a type of sunshine recorder
- a solar telescope, a telescope especially adapted for viewing the surface of the sun (obsolete).
- a camera especially adapted for photographing the sun; also called a photoheliograph (obsolete).
- heliography, the photographic process used to make the earliest known permanent photograph from nature
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.