||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2009)|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Scott Winant|
|Written by||Tom Kapinos|
|Original air date||August 20, 2007|
|List of Californication episodes|
After receiving encouragement from all sides, Hank starts his blogging gig at Hell-A Magazine. Plus, under the guise of inviting Hank to family dinner at her and Bill's (Damian Young) house, Karen sets up Hank with her friend Sonja (Paula Marshall). At dinner, Becca reveals how Hank met Karen.
Hank meets a blond girl (Brooke Banner) and goes to her apartment, only to find out that she's actually a single mother/adult movie star whose daughter needs her really badly at that moment. He then leaves the two together and goes home.
- Hank starts his blog post with "Hank hates you all," a reference to his book God Hates Us All.
- Hank tells at dinner how Bill and Karen met and how they talked about "Zen and the Art of Midlife Crisis", a reference to the Robert M. Pirsig novel "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".
- Hank's blog entry contains the line: "I probably won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister". This is almost identical to the final lyric line in the 1991 NOFX song "The Moron Brothers." Since the show (arguably) does not often reference this musical genre, it is unclear whether this is an intended reference.
- The episode's title ("Hell-A Woman") is derived from The Doors song "L.A. Woman, of which a remix is featured. Added meaning comes from the name of Bill's magazine, "Hell-A".
- Hank refers to his agent's assistant as Dani California the name of a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers which further added to the already controversial lawsuit.#Lawsuit
- Robbers on High Street - "Japanese Girls"
- The Doors - "L.A. Woman" (Paul Oakenfold remix)
- Kenneth James Gibson - "Sarcastically Yours"
- Tommy Stinson - "Light of Day"
- The title of the pornography film Hank takes from the porn star with the child is entitled "A Crazy Little Thing Called Anal", which is a play on the film made based on his book called "God Hates Us All" which name is transformed to "A Crazy Little Thing Called Love" in a Movie produced by a shitty director.
|This article about a television episode is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|