From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hellenism or Hellenist in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hellenism may refer to:
- Hellenistic period, the period between the death of Alexander the Great and the annexation of the classical Greek heartlands by Rome
- Hellenistic Greece, Greece in the Hellenistic period
- Hellenistic art, the art of the Hellenistic period
- Hellenistic Judaism, a form of Judaism in the ancient world that combined Jewish religious tradition with elements of Greek culture
- Hellenistic philosophy, period of Western philosophy that was developed in the Hellenistic civilization following Aristotle and ending with the beginning of Neoplatonism
- Hellenistic religion, systems of beliefs and practices of the people who lived under the influence of ancient Greek culture during the Hellenistic period and the Roman Empire (c. 300 BCE to 300 CE)
- Hellenism (neoclassicism), an esthetic movement in 18th and 19th century England and Germany
- Hellenismos, the reconstructionist polytheistic religion that revives the ancient Greek religion, emerging since the 1980s
- Hellenic (disambiguation)
- Hellenic studies
- Hellenization, the spread of Greek culture to other peoples
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.