|Engine||Chrome Engine 6|
|Genre(s)||Action, hack and slash|
Hellraid will feature both co-operative and single player modes, as well as an online mode called 'Game Master'. The game will also feature randomly generated content. The co-op mode will be able to feature up to four players. The game will also be played from a first-person perspective.
The player is the last member of a cursed kin, who has formed an alliance with an old mage. Together, the player and the old mage must try to stop 'the infernal forces'.
The game was originally going to be a mode for Dead Island, which was also developed by Techland, before it became an individual game. The game's working title was Project Hell. The game was first announced in a press release on April 29, 2013. The press release stated that the game would be released in 2013. The game was described as a mix "the best aspects of" Dead Island and The Elder Scrolls and a spiritual successor to the 1990s games such as Hexen and Witchaven. In May 2014, Hellraid was delayed to allow it to be rebuilt on Techland's latest version of their in-house engine, Chrome Engine 6. Also in May 2014, Techland announced it was transitioning Hellraid to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Along with this, Techland announced that it would be a digital-only game.
- "Hellraid". uk.ign.com/. Retrieved 08/05/2013. Check date values in:
- Connor Sheridan (2013-04-29). "First-person slasher Hellraid coming from Dead Island dev". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- Gallegos, Anthony. "Dead Island Devs Announce Hellraid for 360, PS3 and PC". IGN.
- Phillips, Tom. "Dead Island dev announces co-op hack-and-slash Hellraid". Eurogamer.
- Makuch, Eddie. "Dead Island dev reveals Hellraid". GameSpot.
- "Hellraid's E3 2014 Gameplay with Dev Commentary".
- Hinkle, David. "Dead Island dev Techland's 'Project Hell' now Hellraid, out this year". Joystiq.
- "Hellraid - Duchowy następca Hexen, Heretic i Witchaven". PurePC.pl. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Hellraid E3 Trailer « GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog". Gamingbolt.com. Retrieved 2013-07-24.