|Type||Hotel and Offices|
|Address||Churchill Way, Cardiff city centre CF10 2NB|
|Current tenants||Premier Inn
NewLaw Legal Ltd T/A NewLaw Solicitors
Quote Exchange Ltd
|Height||58 metres (190 ft)|
|Floor area||155,000 sq ft (14,400 m2)|
|Design and construction|
Helmont House is a high-rise hotel and office tower in Cardiff, Wales. Completed in 1984, the 58 metres (190 ft) high building has 12 floors and is the tenth tallest building in Cardiff. The building was renovated in 2009 into a 200-room Premier Inn hotel.
When British Gas was privatised in 1986, fewer than 600 people were employed in the Cardiff office. In 1998 the Cardiff regional headquarters became the National Sales Centre for Britain. Prior to relocation, 2,400 people were employed at Helmont House, two thirds of which were call centre staff, with a further 800 working in the field.
In 2009 the building’s occupier, British Gas, relocated its Wales headquarters to a new 70,000 sq ft (6,500 m2) office site at the nearby Callaghan Square, in the south of Cardiff city centre. Helmont House was acquired by Rightacres at a value worth more than £10m, who also acquired Holland House from Lloyds TSB which was converted into a Mercure Hotel.
The building was renovated in 2009 into a 200-room Premier Inn hotel on a 25 year lease after a wide range search by the company for a location in central Cardiff. In terms of beds, the hotel is the largest in the capital.
Hotel facilities 
Following the complete refurbishment of the building, the hotel has air conditioned guest rooms with en-suite bathrooms. WiFi Internet access is available. The restaurant serves traditional and contemporary dishes and there is a branch of Costa Coffee on the premises. Meeting rooms are available.
Helmont House is in close proximity to the main shopping areas including Queen Street and St David's. Cardiff Queen Street railway station is within a short walk, as are the Cardiff Central Bus and Railway Stations. The building is one of the closest hotels to the Cardiff International Arena.
See also 
- WalesOnline | Office purchase adds acres of space to firm’s portfolio
- Corporate Wales | Energy
- WalesOnline | Capital joins the Premier league
- Rightacres | Helmont House
- Property Week | Rightacres fires up Cardiff's biggest hotel
- Doctor Who Locations | Helmont House
- Torchwood Locations | Episode 201
- BBC | Art Walks: Cardiff
- Big Cardiff | Premier Inn (Cardiff City Centre)
- DTZ | Helmont House, Churchill Way, Cardiff
- Premier Inn - Cardiff City Centre
- NewLaw Legal Ltd T/A New Law Solicitors
- Skyscraper News - Helmont House
- Property Week article on the purchase of Helmont House
- WalesOnline - British Gas moves 1,200-staff HQ