Actor Kriss Sheridan (left) and Helmut Dietl (right, 2012)
22 June 1944 |
|Occupation||Film Director, Author|
After completion of grammar school in 1958, Dietl studied theatre studies and the history of art. Afterwards, he became head of photography and later assistant director to the Munich Kammerspiele theatre. He first achieved directorial success with the TV series Monaco Franze, eventually moving on to create several notable films with the aid of Patrick Süskind's writing.
|1999||Late Show (de)|
|1997||Rossini – oder die mörderische Frage, wer mit wem schlief (de)|
|1992||Schtonk!||nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Film|
|1986||Kir Royal – Aus dem Leben eines Klatschreporters|
- 1996 Bavarian Film Awards, Best Director
- 2013 Deutscher Filmpreis, lifetime achievement award
- 2014 Bambi Award, lifetime achievement award
- "Berlinale: 1998 Juries". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Bayerische Filmpreisträger" [Bavarian Film Awards Winners] (in German). Bavarian State Ministry of Economy, Media, Energy and Technology. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "'Lebenswerk': Helmut Dietl" [Lifetime achievement: Helmut Dietl] (in German). Das Erste. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
|This article about a German film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|