Helmut Kuhne (born on 6 September 1949 in Soest) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany, part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs.
He is also a member of the Delegation for relations with the United States.
- 1974-1994: Worked at Lippstadt Protestant Grammar School and in various adult education establishments, latterly as research assistant at the Regional Institute for School and Further Education, North Rhine-Westphalia, in Soest
- Since October 2000, taught intermittently at the Faculty for Social Sciences, Ruhr University, Bochum
- 1974-1978: Chairman of the Young Socialists, Western Westphalia district
- 1978-2000: Member of the Western Westphalia SPD District Executive
- 1984-1994: Member of Soest District Council
- since 1994: Member of the European Parliament
- 1991-1999: Member of the WDR Broadcasting Council
- Official website of Helmut Kuhne: www.helmut-kuhne.de
- European Parliament biography of Helmut Kuhne (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|