- 1 Tips for creating great books
- 2 Step-by-step guide
- 3 Saving and sharing your book with others
- 4 Revising your book
- 5 Printed books from PediaPress
- 6 Further information
Tips for creating great books
Step 1: Enable the "Book Creator" tool
Step 2: Collect articles
If you open a category page, the "Add this page to your book" will change to "Add this category to your book". Clicking on "Add this category to your book" will add all articles in that category.
After selecting a few articles, you can click on "Suggest pages" and you will be presented with a list of articles related to your selection. This helps you to create a more complete book if you run out of ideas, or just want to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.
Step 3: Review Your Book
Step 4: Download a book
Saving and sharing your book with others
To save your book, you must be a registered Wikipedia user (see Why create an account? for a detailed explanation).
You can save your book on the "Book" page, which can be reached by clicking the "Show book" link in the menu on the left hand side or in the toolbar. In the "Save and share your book" section you have to choose whether you want to save your book
The second option is only available if your user account is autoconfirmed (usually meaning at least four days old and 10 edits).
Finally, you have to provide a title for your book collection and click the "Save book" button.
Revising your book
If you visit a previously-saved book, the banner at the top of the page includes an option to re-open the book in the "Book Creator".
Books you have worked on will be listed in your contributions list, which you can access through the "Contributions" link at the top right of every page whenever you are logged in.
Printed books from PediaPress
This service was discontinued in 2014.
- FAQ – help with the Book tool
- Feedback – for reporting and tracking of bugs
- Help for experts – details about the advanced functions of the Book tool
- Extension:Collection – how to organize personal selections of pages in a collection
- PediaPress – media on Wikimedia Commons
- Wikimedia/Wikipedia Merchandise – the Wikimedia/Wikipedia online "gift shop"
- WikiProject Wikislice – aims to help produce useful offline readers, wikibooks, and specialized pocket references
- Wikis Go Printable – Wikimedia Foundation press release, 13 December 2007