Guided tours are interactive tours of a part of Wikipedia. Guided tours are meant to complement help pages, by showing users directly how to do something in a step-by-step way. This is a new software feature, so please be patient if you encounter bugs or other SNAFUs.
If you'd like to create a tour, see the write an on-wiki tour instructions. You'll need to be an administrator or get help from one, as the code for on-wiki tours (as opposed to the built-in test and GettingStarted tours) lives in the MediaWiki namespace.
The tours in the GettingStarted extension assist users with making edits related to a task (such as a copy-editing fix).
- Who built this
- Wikipedia:Introduction - a quick overview of what Wikipedia is all about.
- Wikipedia:Tutorial - will help anyone become a Wikipedia contributor.
- Wikipedia:Training - about learning the basics of contributing to Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:The Wikipedia Adventure - Wikipedia is not a game, but learning it should still be fun.
- List of local tour scripts - other tours are installed via extensions.