Help Me Help You
|Help Me Help You|
|Created by||Jennifer Konner
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Alex Reid
|Camera setup||Single-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Regency Television
Fox Television Studios
|Original release||September 26, 2006 –
December 12, 2006
Help Me Help You is an American television situation comedy that aired from September 26, 2006 to December 12, 2006. It was first broadcast at 9:30pm Tuesdays on ABC in the United States and on Global in Canada. Help Me Help You was a comedy about a collection of eccentric individuals in group psychotherapy with a respected therapist—who may quite possibly have more problems than his patients.
The series was pulled from the schedule on December 14, 2006, leaving four episodes unaired.
On May 15, 2007, ABC officially canceled the show after the network announced their 2007–2008 fall schedule.
- Ted Danson as Dr. Bill Hoffman, a brilliant therapist with a huge ego and a failed marriage.
- Jere Burns as Michael, a high-powered executive with anger issues, in court-ordered therapy.
- Darlene Hunt as Darlene, a woman with constant need of approval, secretly in an affair with Michael but obsessed with Dr. Hoffman.
- Charlie Finn as Dave, a man who tried to kill himself in his office because no one likes him.
- Suzy Nakamura as Inger, a deeply lonely woman with a complete lack of social skills.
- Jim Rash as Jonathan, a married gay man in denial.
- Jane Kaczmarek as Anne Hoffman, Bill's estranged wife. (6 episodes)
- Jane Lynch as Raquel Janes, a therapist, part of Dr. Hoffman's "therapy for therapists" group.
- Philip Rosenthal as Phil, a therapist, part of Dr. Hoffman's "therapy for therapists" group.
- Judd Apatow as Judd, a therapist, part of Dr. Hoffman's "therapy for therapists" group.
- Larry Wilmore as Larry, a therapist, part of Dr. Hoffman's "therapy for therapists" group.
- Lindsay Sloane as Sasha, Bill's daughter with deep-rooted daddy issues.
- Brenda Strong as Linda, Dr. Hoffman's new neighbor and romantic interest.
- Thomas F. Wilson as Kenny, a car salesman and Anne's new boyfriend.
- Meredith Roberts as Francesca, the girl at work Dave is in love with.
- Kathleen Rose Perkins as Jocelyn, Jonathan's Wife.
- Bruce Altman as Ira, Sasha's much, bada boyfriend and a huge fan of Dr. Bill Hoffman's.
- Mykel Shannon Jenkins as Shannon, a coffee barista Jonathan seems to find attractive.
- Tim Meadows as Petey, a colleague of Dr. Hoffman's who he shares a practice with.
- Toby Huss as Lenny, a patient of Petey's.
- Michael Cotter as Glen, a young man Inger meets on JDate and whom she becomes obsessed over.
- Kevin Hart as Kevin, a boxer who has trouble finding the anger to fight.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Pilot"||Brian Dannelly||Jennifer Konner & Alexandra Rushfield||September 26, 2006|
|2||"The Mattress"||Peter Lauer||Alex Reid||October 3, 2006|
|3||"Fun Run"||Peter Lauer||Rodney Rothman||October 10, 2006|
|4||"Pink Freud"||Jason Ensler||Ron Weiner||October 17, 2006|
|5||"Sasha's Birthday BBQ"||Jason Ensler||Jennifer Konner & Alexandra Rushfield||October 24, 2006|
|6||"Inger Management"||Peter Lauer||Daley Haggar||October 31, 2006|
|7||"Raging Bill"||Bryan Gordon||Chester Tam||November 28, 2006|
|8||"Perverse Psychology"||Victor Nelli, Jr.||Joel Madison||December 5, 2006|
|9||"Perseverance"||David Steinberg||Craig DiGregorio||December 12, 2006|
|10||"The Sheriff"||Matthew Diamond||Rodney Rothman||2010 (Australia)|
|11||"Working Women"||Linwood Boomer||Ron Weiner||2010 (Australia)|
|13||"Moving On"||Linda Mendoza||N/A||2010 (Australia)|
|Country||TV Network(s)||Series Premiere||Weekly Schedule|
|Australia||Nine Network||December 21, 2006||Cancelled after Episode 7|
|Australia||Go!||May 11, 2010||Will be playing the last 4 unaired episodes|
|Canada||Global Television Network|
|Hong Kong||TVB Pearl||May 19, 2007||Saturday After News Roundup|
|Singapore||MediaCorp Channel 5||July 2, 2007|
|United Kingdom||Virgin1||October 7, 2007||Cancelled after Episode 5|
|United States||American Broadcasting Company||September 26, 2006||Cancelled after Episode 9|
|Latin America||Fox||February 10, 2008|
|Norway||TV 3 (Viasat)||July 22, 2007||Sunday|
|Finland||MTV3||September 4, 2009||Friday|
|Hungary||Comedy Central||October 27, 2009||Every Wednesday|
|Turkey||Comedy Smart||January 2008||Every Saturday|
|Sweden||TV3||August 2010||Every Saturday|
|Russia||Channel One||September 2009||Every Weekday|
|New Zealand||TV3||August 2009||Every Sunday|
|Belgium||2BE||February 1, 2010||Every Weekday|
|Italy||Italia 1||August 2, 2010||Every Weekday|
- ABC Pulls "Help Me Help You", Digital Spy, December 14, 2006