|Threads older than 30 days may be archived by.|
|WikiProject Wikipedia-Books||(Rated Project-class)|
"This is a Wikipedia book, a collection of Wikipedia articles that can be easily saved, rendered electronically, and ordered as a printed book. Edit this book: Book Creator · Wikitext Select format to download: PDF" (Letter)" Qexigator (talk) 22:50, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
- The printed book support has been discontinued. See Help:Books/Printed books and . PediaPress was removed from the interface 10 October. PrimeHunter (talk) 02:12, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
This reply from Pedia Press was received (but it may only apply to re-ordering books previously ordered): "Wikipedia is currently overhauling its offline export infrastructure. Unfortunately the book export had to be taken down during this process, but it will become available again in the next few days. If you do not want to wait, you can use the collection builder from the PediaPress website. You can find it at http://pediapress.com/collection/ Qexigator (talk) 16:40, 21 October 2014 (UTC)
- Template talk:Saved book#Template-protected edit request on 10 October 2014 says: "The ePub, ZIM, and Pediapress entries in this template should be commented out (since there is a chance these features will reappear)". I don't know anything beyond the pages linked here. PrimeHunter (talk) 19:05, 21 October 2014 (UTC)
- The PediaPress service is back and has been readded to Template:Saved book on a request Template talk:Saved book#Template-protected edit request on 23 October 2014 by the same WMF employee who originally requested the removal. PrimeHunter (talk) 09:19, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
Why does my book render in two columns when I asked it to render in one?
Why does my book render in two columns when I asked it to render in one? Also, is there any alternative source to get these printed? I loved having a dead tree copy of my better contributions and not being able to order another one at the end of the year is killing me. Abyssal (talk) 15:35, 21 October 2014 (UTC)
The PediaPress link has failed again. It resulted only in message "Book rendering failed. There was an error while attempting to render your book." Is this being repaired? Qexigator (talk) 09:42, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
ePub format vanished
- https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-ambassadors/2014-September/000955.html says: "As part of this change, we will disable ZIM and EPUB export for the time being."
- Template talk:Saved book#Template-protected edit request on 10 October 2014 says: "The ePub, ZIM, and Pediapress entries in this template should be commented out (since there is a chance these features will reappear)".
- That's all I know. PrimeHunter (talk) 00:03, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
Rendering failed 30 October
I have created new book from category here https://wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=Special:PrefixIndex&prefix=User:Agilight/Books/ but this book was empty in pdf format, but in pediapress version working normal. Anyone help me? Agilight (talk) 08:34, 7 November 2014 (UTC)