Helter Skelter (manga)
|Written by||Kyoko Okazaki|
|Published||April 8, 2003|
|Directed by||Mika Ninagawa|
|Written by||Arisa Kaneko|
|Released||July 14, 2012|
- Erika Sawajiri as Ririko
- Nao Omori as Makoto Asada
- Shinobu Terajima as Michiko Hata
- Gō Ayano
- Kiko Mizuhara as Kozue Yoshikawa
- Hirofumi Arai
- Anne Suzuki
- Susumu Terajima
- Kaori Momoi as Hiroko Tada
- Show Aikawa
- Mieko Harada as Hisako Wachi
- Yosuke Kubozuka as Takao Nanbu
The manga tells the story of Ririko, a supermodel who underwent full body plastic surgery to attain the perfect body and face and to reach the peak of her career. However, her body begins to break down as an effect of the treatments and she grows desperate and unhinged, lashing out at first to her manager and agency and later to the public as she realizes that her current lifestyle cannot last long. Meanwhile, an inspector investigating a series of mysterious suicides and organ theft believes that Ririko and her unnatural beauty may be the key to unearthing an underground industry of unsafe medical practice and save lives. But who will end up the sacrifice?
The manga won an award of excellence at the Japan Media Arts Festival sponsored by the Japanese government in 2004.
As of July 29, 2012, the film has grossed US$15,148,107.
- "Helter Skelter's Live-Action Film Trailer Streamed". Anime News Network. 2012-05-12. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Amazon.com product page for Helter Skelter". Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "the Japan Media Arts Festival 2003". The Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Tezuka Cultural Prize Nominees for Manga Announced". Anime News Network. 2007-04-30. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Japanese Box Office, July 28-29". Anime News Network. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Official film website (Japanese)
- Helter Skelter (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Helter Skelter (film) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Helter Skelter live-action film at the Internet Movie Database
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|