Helton Godwin Baynes
Baynes was educated at the Quaker school, Leighton Park (along with two other leading members of the British Psychoanalytical Society: John Rickman and Lionel Penrose) and then at Trinity College, Cambridge where he read medicine.
He became a House Physician at St Bartholomew's Hospital. In 1913 he married Rosalind Thornycroft (1891-1973), divorcing her in 1921. (Rosalind, a friend of D. H. Lawrence, later married the art historian Arthur E. Popham.) That year he started collaborating with Cary Angulo, née Fink (1883-1977) in translating Jung. Baynes accompanied Jung on his expedition to East Africa in 1925-26. In 1927 he married Cary Angulo.
- (tr. with Cary F. Baynes) Contributions to analytical psychology, London: Kegan Paul, 1921.
- (tr.) Psychological types; or, The psychology of individuation by Carl Jung. New York: Harcourt, Brace & Co., 1926. The International Library of Psychology, Philosophy and Scientific Method
- (tr. with Cary F. Baynes) Two essays on analytical psychology by Carl Jung. New York, Dodd, Mead and Co., 1928.
- Mythology of the soul; a research into the unconscious from schizophrenic dreams and drawings, London: Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1940.
- Germany possessed, 1941. With an introduction by Hermann Rauschning.
- Analytical psychology and the English mind, and other papers, London: Methuen, 1950.
- Pippa Harris, ed., ‘’Song of love: the letters of Rupert Brooke and Noel Olivier’’, Crown, 1991, p.39
- Paul Poplawski, John Worthen, ‘’D. H. Lawrence: a reference companion’’, Greenwood Publishing Group, 1996, p.43
- James T. Boulton, ed., ‘’The Letters of D. H. Lawrence’’, Cambridge University Press, 2003, p.475
- Library of Congress Name Authority File: Cary F. Baynes
- ’’The Collected Works of C. G. Jung’’, Vol. 18., Pantheon Books, 1953, p.623
- Letters from Jung to Baynes at the Wellcome Library
- Works by or about Baynes, H. G. (Helton Godwin) 1882-1943 in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
|This article about a psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|