|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Established||July 26, 1975|
|President||Dr. Yasser Sakr|
|Students||103305 (February 1, 2008)|
|Location||Greater Cairo, Egypt|
It is generally known for its engineering and business study courses. Especially notable are its Faculties of Engineering (there are two); the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, with specialized departments dealing with foreign trade, international relations, and business information systems; the Faculty of Computers & Information; and the Faculty of Science.
Helwan University has no Faculty of Medicine but it does have a Faculty of Nursing, and its Faculty of Pharmacy is known to be the first clinical pharmacy in Egypt.
Helwan University is a member of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Universities. It was established on July 26, 1975 by Act No. 70 of 1975.
The University has 20 faculties:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied Arts
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Art Education
- Faculty of Music Education
- Faculty of Physical Education (Men)
- Faculty of Physical Education (Women)
- Faculty of Home Economics
- Faculty of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration
- Faculty of Computers and Information
- Faculty of Engineering (Helwan)
- Faculty of Engineering (Mataria)
- Faculty of Industrial Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Education
In addition to the Central Library there are specialist libraries in the various faculties.