Henan Experimental Middle School
|Henan Experimental Middle School|
Henan Experimental Middle School or called Henan Experimental High School, is a middle school of the People's Republic of China, located in Zhengzhou, Henan's Jinshui District. It was founded in 1957 as the Affiliated Middle School of Zhengzhou Teachers' Vocational School, later becoming the Affiliated Middle School of Zhengzhou Teachers' College, the Affiliated Middle School of Zhengzhou University, and the Zhengzhou 40th Middle School before being given its present name in 1979.
As of 2006, official statistics stated that it enrolled 2,800 students, though other reports put its student body at 10,300. Along with students of the Zhengzhou First Middle School and the Zhengzhou Foreign Languages Middle School, students from Henan Experimental are said to have the best language abilities in the province; many students from the school apply to overseas universities, especially in the United States. Diplomas of its international division, which is jointly operated by the Nova Scotia, Ministry of Education and that of Henan province, are recognised by both the Canadian and Chinese governments.
However, the school has been criticised for its participation in the trend of commercialisation of education, in particular for its high tuition fees and the 400% increase in the size of its student body from 2003-2006, which earned it a total revenue of RMB176 million.
- "河南省实验中学简介 (Henan Experimental Middle School profile)" (in Chinese). Henan Experimental Middle School. 2006. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "河南省实验中学：1.76亿元乱收费的“示范性” (Henan Experimental Middle School: RMB176 million, a model of reckless fee charging)". Nanfengchuang Magazine (in Chinese). 2006-10-06. Archived from the original on 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "为避国内考生多 郑州高三学生瞄准"美国高考" (To avoid the crowd of domestic test-takers, Zhengzhou seniors take aim at US college exams)". Henan News (in Chinese). 2008-01-11. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "河南省实验中学13名学生拿到中加两国毕业证 (13 Henan Experimental Middle School students get China-Canada binational graduation certificates)". People's Daily, Henan Edition (in Chinese). 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "河南实验中学 学生自编自演“成长的烦恼” (Henan Experimental Middle School students edit and perform own play, "The Annoyance of Growing Up")". People's Daily, Henan Edition (in Chinese). 2007-12-03. Retrieved 2008-01-12.