Rush Township, Michigan
|Rush Township, Michigan|
Location of Rush Township, Michigan
|• Total||35.2 sq mi (91.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.2 sq mi (91.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||40.0/sq mi (15.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1627016|
- Five Points North is an unincorporated community in this township and New Haven Township on North M-52 at Riley Road and Seymour Road.
- Henderson, formerly Hendersonville, is an unincorporated community located along Henderson Road between N. Bingham Road and Chipman Road. A post office with the name of Hazel Green was opened there on May 14, 1868.
- Wolf Crossing is an unincorporated community in this township and Owosso Township on Cronk and Ruess Roads just south of the Great Lakes Central Railroad crossing on Ruess Road.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.2 square miles (91 km2), of which, 35.2 square miles (91 km2) of it is land and 0.03% is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,409 people, 505 households, and 413 families residing in the township. The population density was 40.0 per square mile (15.5/km²). There were 541 housing units at an average density of 15.4 per square mile (5.9/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.58% White, 0.07% African American, 0.35% Native American, 0.28% from other races, and 0.71% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.21% of the population.
There were 505 households out of which 34.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.3% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.2% were non-families. 15.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the township the population was spread out with 26.3% under the age of 18, 6.7% from 18 to 24, 27.2% from 25 to 44, 25.8% from 45 to 64, and 14.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 98.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.1 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $47,232, and the median income for a family was $51,731. Males had a median income of $35,815 versus $22,400 for females. The per capita income for the township was $20,053. About 3.0% of families and 3.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.4% of those under age 18 and 7.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Rush Township, Michigan
- SHIAWASSEE County Map. J. Shively. State of Michigan Department of Information Technology Technology Center for Genographic Information. September 2007.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Five Points North, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Henderson, Michigan
- "Hendersonville, Michigan". Village and City Histories of Shiawassee County, Michigan. Retrieved 2008-02-27.[dead link]
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wolf Crossing, Michigan