Henderson Executive Airport
|Henderson Executive Airport|
|IATA: HSH – ICAO: KHND – FAA LID: HND|
|Owner||Clark County, Nevada|
|Operator||Clark County Department of Aviation|
|Serves||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Elevation AMSL||2,492 ft / 760 m|
FAA airport diagram
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Henderson Executive Airport (IATA: HSH, ICAO: KHND, FAA LID: HND) is a public airport located 11 nautical miles (20 km; 13 mi) south of the central business district of Las Vegas, in Clark County, Nevada, United States. The airport is owned by Clark County and operated by the Clark County Department of Aviation. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009-2013, it is categorized as a reliever airport. It was originally known as Sky Harbor Airport, but was renamed in 1996 when it was purchased by Clark County to be used as a reliever airport for McCarran International Airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Henderson Executive Airport is assigned HND by the FAA and HSH by the IATA (which assigned HND to Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan). The airport's ICAO identifier is KHND
Facilities and aircraft
Henderson Executive Airport covers an area of 760 acres (310 ha) at an elevation of 2,492 feet (760 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17R/35L measuring 6,501 by 100 feet (1,982 m × 30 m) and 17L/35R measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 m × 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 71,323 aircraft operations, an average of 195 per day: 86% general aviation, 14% air taxi and <1% military aviation. At that time there were 292 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 9% jet and <1% helicopter.
The terminal building houses car rental, flight school and line service facilities, as well as the Landings Restaurant.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HND ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective August 27, 2009.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS): 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. October 1, 2008.
- Great Circle Mapper: HSH/KHND - Las Vegas, Nevada (Henderson Executive Airport)
- Great Circle Mapper: HND/RJTT - Tokyo, Japan (Haneda Airport)
- AirNav: KHND - Henderson Executive Airport
- Henderson Executive Airport, official site
- Aerial photo as of June 1994 from USGS The National Map
- PDF (32.6 KB) from Nevada DOT
- (PDF), effective September 18, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Henderson Executive (HND), effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This Nevada airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|