|Member of the House of Representatives|
20 September 2012 – 4 October 2013
|Parliamentary leader of 50PLUS in the House of Representatives|
13 September 2012 – 4 October 2013
|Preceded by||Position created|
|Succeeded by||Norbert Klein|
|Born||Henricus Cornelis Maria Krol
1 April 1950
|Political party||50PLUS (since 2011)|
|People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (since 1977)
Elder Appeal (since 2014)
|Alma mater||Vrije Universiteit (Bachelor of Arts)|
Henricus Cornelis Maria "Henk" Krol (born 1 April 1950) is a Dutch politician of 50PLUS. He was the Parliamentary leader of 50PLUS in the House of Representatives from 13 September 2012 until 4 October 2013 and a Member of the House of Representatives from 20 September 2012 until 4 October 2013. Between March 2011 and September 2012 he was member of the States-Provincial of North Brabant. A journalist, publisher, entrepreneur and activist, Krol was editor-in-chief of the magazine Gay Krant which he founded 1980. Krol served as the main spokesman for the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) in the House of Representatives from 1978 until 1985. For the Dutch general election of 2012 Krol was the lijsttrekker (top candidate) for the Pensioners' Party 50PLUS. On 4 October 2013, the Volkskrant published an article alleging that Krol withheld pension money from his employees from 2004 until 2007 and in 2009, while working for the Gay Krant. The Volkskrant said that the tip-off leading to the article had come via GlobaLeaks Publeaks, a new Dutch anonymous whistleblowing initiative. The same day, Krol announced his resignation from the House of Representatives in a letter, admitting that he made 'many mistakes'. Although he did not address the allegations directly, he concluded that "it is impossible for me to continue in my function as representative". He was replaced in the House of Representatives by Martine Baay-Timmerman on 29 October 2013. He was elected with preferential votes for the Ouderen Appèl party to the municipal council of Eindhoven in March 2014.
|Ribbon bar||Honour||Date & Comment|
|Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau||1999|
- (English) Romance in The Netherlands by Diane Anderson-Minshall, Passportmagazine.com, July 6, 2008
- (Dutch) Henk Krol lijsttrekker ouderenpartij, NOS, 4 June 2012
- (Dutch) Krol ontdook voor tienduizenden euro's aan pensioenpremies, De Volkskrant, 4 October 2013
- Steinglass, Matt. "Dutch pensioners’ champion quits over contributions dispute". Financial_Times. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- (Dutch) Krol: vijanden hebben gewonnen, NOS, 4 October 2013
- "Baay definitief in Kamer voor 50Plus" (in Dutch). Volkskrant. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Henk Krol met voorkeursstemmen gekozen in Eindhoven" (in Dutch). ND. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- (Dutch) H.C.M. (Henk) Krol Parlement & Politiek
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Henk Krol.|
|Party political offices|
|Party leader of 50PLUS
Jan Nagel (Ad interim)
|Parliamentary leader of 50PLUS
in the House of Representatives