||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
Henkka Seppälä at the Ilosaarirock 2009 festival
|Birth name||Henkka Blacksmith Henri Samuli Seppälä[dubious ]|
June 7, 1980 |
|Genres||Melodic death metal
|Instruments||bass guitar, vocals, drums|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Spinefarm, Century Media|
|Associated acts||Children of Bodom|
Henkka is a very common nickname for Henri and seppä means blacksmith in English. The reason he has a T. in the middle of his name is his nickname being Torso.
Henkka was born in 1980 in Espoo, Finland. He first started playing guitar at the age of eleven. He got into the heavy metal scene through his brother, who listened to bands such as Slayer and Pantera with his friends. Before that, he had only had contact with glam metal/hard rock bands such as Guns N' Roses and Poison. As time passed, his interest started leaning towards heavier bands, until in the early 1990s he discovered black metal and death metal bands of the likes of Burzum, Dissection and Cannibal Corpse.
He played drums in his first band at the age of 13. The band was called Aivokasvain (Brain Tumour). He was part of the band for two years, and then quit, switching his main instrument to the bass.
When Samuli Miettinen quit Inearthed (the original name of Children of Bodom) in 1996, Henkka joined the band, (asked by lead guitarist and singer, Alexi Laiho) he then adopted the 5-string bass.
He is the frontman of the band when it comes to interviews and public appearances. Other than the fact that he can speak Russian, Finnish, English, Swedish and some Spanish and French, he is also the most equilibrated member of the band, in a general way.
He studies development studies and political history in the University of Helsinki when he has time, which is not too often. He is also into sports, and has a passion for (European) football. However, he also enjoys swimming. Musically, Henkka is completely dedicated to Children of Bodom, and is the only member who does not have any side-projects. According to him, the most important things in his life are his family and his band.
- ESP Henkka T. Blacksmith Forest Signature Bass,4 string (34" neckthru body alder, EMG 35DC)
- ESP Henkka T. Blacksmith Bottom Line Signature Bass,5 string ( 34" neckthru body alder, EMG 40DC pickups)
- ESP Custom Shop "Assault" shaped (34" neckthru body alder, EMG 40DC pickups)
- ESP Custom Shop Viper Bass, same specs as his other basses, and can be seen on their live DVD Chaos Ridden Years (tuned CGCF)
- ESP Custom Shop Araya Shape (White with COBHC logo on fretboard, seen on the 2009 No Fear Tour)
Amp is an Ampeg SVT3pro and cabinet Ampeg 810. He boost his sound with a Super Overdrive pedal or Tech21 Sansamp pre amp. Audiotech Guitar Products Source Selector 1X6 Rack Mount Audio Switcher for switching between wireless units.
- "Fourteeng.net" 
- Laiho, Alexi (producer) (October 11, 2006). Chaos Ridden Years – Stockholm Knockout Live (Documentary). Spinefarm.