Wehn in 2013
10 April 1974 |
Hagen, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany
|Medium||Stand-up, television, radio|
Since October 2003 Wehn has been the self-styled "German Comedy Ambassador in London". After beginning his career as "warm-up act" to various comedians in London (including Stewart Lee for Comedy Vehicle), he now has his own act on the British comedy circuit.
Wehn has appeared on the panel shows 8 Out of 10 Cats, Have I Got News For You, Room 101 and QI, and also appeared on Channel 4's political discussion/comedy show 10 O'Clock Live in May 2013. He is also a recurring panellist on both the BBC Radio Five Live comedy sports show Fighting Talk and on the BBC Radio Four panel game The Unbelievable Truth.
He has also appeared on the BBC's Would I Lie to You?, on which he revealed that he spent three weeks on the Interpol missing persons list, having travelled to Morocco with a man he met on a train in Spain.
In 2014, Wehn and fellow comedian Mark Watson fronted a travelogue in Brazil, called The Road to Rio for Dave. In the show they explored the country's sporting culture, tying in with the 2014 World Cup held in the country.
- Comedy: Henning Wehn shows how an outsider's perspective is useful in joking about Britain - The Scotsman
- I expected yobs, but got a royal welcome | The Times
- "Henning Wehn: interview". Time Out. 10 November 2006. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- "Henning heads to the Deutsch market". Elmbridge Guardian. 3 December 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- "Germans flex their funny bone". BBC News. 23 August 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- HENNING WEHN: German Comedy Ambassador to Great Britain
- Official website
- Henning Wehn at the Internet Movie Database
- Detailed article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper (German)
- Detailed article in the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper (google translation from German)