He won first prize for cello in Delsart's class in 1893. He won second prize for organ in 1897. He studied organ with Guilmant and Widor. He served as an organist in several churches in Paris; he was a professor at the Ecole Niedermeyer and at the Schola Cantorum.
In 1937 Mulet burnt his manuscripts and left Paris for Draguignan in Provence. Most of his surviving music is largely unknown.
He served as organist at the cathedral in Draguignan until 1958, and entrusted himself to the care of the monks at the abbey there. He was married but had no children. He spent the last 30 of his 89 years in seclusion.
Original source of this article is the Henri Mulet page at the Classical Composers Database (from January 2004), which was written by Ioannis Dimitroulis.
- Méditation religieuse, 1896?
- Prière, 1902?
- Carillon-Sortie, 1912?
- Esquisses Byzantines (10 pieces), 1914–19
- Offertoire funèbre
- Petit offertoire
- Sortie douce
- Offertoire sur un Alléluia grégorien, pour la fête du Très-Saint-Rosaire
- Angelus; Offertoire; Sortie
- Dans la vallée du tombeau (Souvenir de Lombardie), symphonic poem, 1908
- La Toussaint, symphonic poem, 1909
- Fantaisie pastorale, 1911
- Paysage d’hiver
- Paysages crépusculaires
- Petite suite sur des airs populaires français
- Souvenirs de Lombardie
- O mon Jésus (hymn), 1900
- L’aigu bruissement, voice and piano, 1904
- Laudate dominum, four voices and organ, 1904
- Soleils couchants, voice and piano, 1904
- Ave Maria, three voices & organ, 1910
- Les deux étoiles, voice and piano, 1910
- Le dernier des Maourys, voice and piano, 1911
- Le talion, voice and orchestra, 1912
Chamber and instrumental
- Danse afghane, piano, 1904
- 2 noëls, oboe or clarinet & piano, 1904
- Danse persane, piano, 1910
- Petit lied très facile, harpsichord or piano, 1910
- Michel Duchesneau. L'avant-garde musicale et ses sociétés à Paris de 1871 à 1939. Sprimont: Editions Mardaga, 1997
- Download Carillon Sortie MP3 played by Hugh Potton at Hammerwood Park
- Detailed Biography  The Diapson, December 2008
|This article about a French composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an organist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|