Henrik James Frits Old (born 20 June 1947 in Vágur, Faroe Islands) is a Faroese politician. He is a current (2011-2015) member of the Faroese parliament. He was elected for the Løgting for the first time in 1984. He was re-elected several times and represented the island Suðuroy. He was elected for the Social Democratic Party (Faroe Islands). He was a MP from 1984 to 2008 and again from 2011.
Member of the Faroese Parliament
- 1984 - 2008 - Member og the Løgting representing the Social Democratic Party
- 2011–present - Member og the Løgting representing the Social Democratic Party
Chair of Standing Committees of the Løgting
- 1991 - 1992 Chair of the Standing Committee on Business
- 1994 - 1995 Chair of the Standing Committee on Fisheries
- 1995 - ? Chair of the Standing Committee on Business
President or member of other committees
- 2012 - Member of the West Nordic Council
- 2010 - 2011 President of the West Nordic Council
- 2005 - 2006 President of the West Nordic Council
- 1987 - 1995 President of the Lønjavningargrunnur Skipsfiskimanna
Henrik Old is married to Elsebeth Old (born í Gong, daughter of Petur í Gong who was a member of the City Council of Tórshavn from 1957 - 1996), together they have four children. His parents were Henrikka and Dennis William Connor Old, his father was British. His mother died at a young age, and after that he was raised by his fosterparents Inger and Johannes Joensen.
|This article about a Faroese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|