Henry Antes House
Henry Antes House
Antes House, November 2011
|Location||Northeast of Pottstown on Colonial Road, Upper Frederick Township, Pennsylvania|
|Area||1.3 acres (0.53 ha)|
|Architectural style||Colonial, Other|
|NRHP Reference #||75001657|
|Added to NRHP||May 12, 1975|
|Designated NHL||April 27, 1992|
The Henry Antes House is a historic house located on Colonial Road, in Upper Frederick Township Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was designed and built by Henry Antes in 1736. It stands today as an example of Moravian settlement houses, in particular of a German three-room plan house. The house is unusual because so much of its original interior finish, including ceilings and board partition walls, have survived. Its builder, Henry Antes, while largely unknown now, was an important regional religious and political figure of the 18th century.
The Antes House was declared a National Historic Landmark on April 27, 1992. It is now owned by the Goschenhoppen Historians, who restored the house and operate it as a museum, offering tours by appointment.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "Henry Antes House". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- Tim Noble (October 9, 1991). PDF (1.49 MB). National Park Service and PDF (4.21 MB)
- Antes House Restoration Project
- Upper Frederick Photo Gallery
- A Visit to the Henry Antes House - movie
- Photos of Henry Antes House
- Listing and drawings at the Historic American Buildings Survey
|This article about a property in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|