|Occupation||Psychologist, Author,Leadership Consultant, Speaker|
Henry Cloud (born 1956, Vicksburg, Mississippi) is a clinical psychologist with broad experience in private practice, leadership consulting, and media. He is perhaps best known for his million-selling Boundaries: when to say yes, when to say no to take control of your life, cowritten with Dr. John Townsend and has written over twenty other books with a total of four million copies in print. Cloud has appeared on national TV, radio and newspapers and co-hosts the nationally syndicated radio program New Life Live.
At the age of four, Cloud contracted a leg disease that initially left him bedridden, then in a wheelchair, and then in braces and on crutches for two years.
Today Cloud is a clinical psychologist and leadership consultant with a unique ability to connect with audiences. Drawing upon his broad range of experiences in private practice, leadership consulting, and media, he simplifies life’s issues and gives easy to understand, practical advice. It’s Cloud’s humor, compassion and “in the moment” confrontation that make his approach to psychology, business and spirituality such a success. Cloud is president of Cloud-Townsend Resources and runs a private practice with his partner, John Townsend in Newport Beach, California. He has philanthropic interests in the area of homelessness, the inner city and Third World missions and development. He is the treasurer of Los Angeles Mission and serves on their board.
Cloud has written, or co-written, more than twenty books, including the two-million-seller Boundaries and his most recent books, Necessary Endings, Integrity, The One Life Solution, The Law of Happiness and 9 Things You Simply Must Do. His books have sold over five million copies. His works have been reviewed and featured by such publications as The New York Times, The Wall St. Journal, The Boston Globe, The Los Angeles Times and many others. Cloud co-hosts the nationally syndicated radio program New Life Live, which is heard in over 180 markets.As a speaker, he is a favorite at corporate events, conventions, and public arena events on a variety of topics, speaking regularly through the U.S. and internationally.
In his consulting practice, he works with leaders in a wide range of organizations and corporations, from family help firms to Fortune 25 and Fortune 500 companies. He has an extensive executive coaching background and experience as an organizational and leadership consultant, spending the majority of his hands-on time with CEOs and executive teams.
Cloud co-founded and built Minirth-Meier ClinicWest and served as its Clinical Co-Director for ten years. Minirith-Meier Clinic West operated treatment centers in forty markets in the Western U.S. while Cloud served as Clinical Director. The clinic operated treatment centers in thirty-five cities in the western United States. After selling the company, he devoted his time to consulting and coaching, spreading principles of hope and life-change through speaking, writing and media.
He is a graduate of Southern Methodist University, earning a B.S. in psychology with honors. He completed his Ph.D. in clinical psychology at Biola University, and his clinical internship at Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. His philanthropic interests lie in the area of homelessness and the inner city, as well as missions in the developing world. Cloud's hobbies include golf, boating, deep sea fishing and scuba diving. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Tori, and their two daughters, Olivia and Lucy.
Cloud has a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology with honours from Southern Methodist University and a PhD degree in clinical psychology from Biola University (1987). He also took classes from Talbot Theological Seminary.
Cloud lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Tori, and their two daughters, Olivia and Lucy.
Books which he has authored or made a contribution to include:
- "Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give up in Order to Move Forward"HarperBusiness (January 18, 2011)-ISBN 0-06-177712-9 ISBN 978-0061777127
- "The Law of Happiness" Howard Books (January 4, 2011) ISBN 1-4391-7699-X ISBN 978-1439176993
- Boundaries: When to say yes, when to say no to take control of your life (with John Townsend) (Zondervan, 1992) - ISBN 978-0-310-58590-9
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No to Take Control of Your Life (with John Townsend) (Zondervan, February 2002) ISBN 0-310-24745-4 ISBN 9780310247456; Paperback, 304 pages
- Boundaries With Kids: When to Say Yes, When to Say No to Help Your Children Gain Control of Their Lives (with John Townsend) (Zondervan, October 2001) ISBN 0-310-24315-7 ISBN 9780310243151; Paperback
- Changes That Heal: How to Understand Your Past to Ensure a Healthier Future (Zondervan, 2003) - ISBN 0-310-60631-4; ISBN 978-0-310-60631-4; Paperback, 272 pages
- God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do (with John Townsend) (Integrity Pub, May 2006) ISBN 1-59145-429-8 ISBN 9781591454298; Paperback, 307 pages
- 9 Things a Leader Must Do: How to Go to the Next Level—And Take Others With You (Integrity Pub, November 2006) ISBN 1-59145-484-0 ISBN 9781591454847; Hardcover, 128 pages
- Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality (Collins Business, 2006) ISBN 0-06-084968-1 ISBN 978-0060849689; Hardcover, 292 pages
- Dr. Henry Cloud: What the Bible Says About The Secret
- Dr. Henry Cloud speaks for International Speakers Bureau
- Henry Cloud, How People Grow, (Zondervan, 2001)
- Los Angeles Mission
- Dr. Henry Cloud
- Cloud-Townsend, Dating, Relationships, Boundaries, Intimacy, Success
- New Canaan Society: Cloud, Henry
- "Setting Personal and Professional Boundaries" - Inner Compass TV interview with Henry Cloud, November 2008
- Dr.Cloud's Psychology Today Blog: The Art of Endings: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-art-endings
- Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/DrHenryCloud
- YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DrHenryCloud