Henry FitzRoy, 12th Duke of Grafton
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
|The Duke of Grafton|
|Born||6 April 1978|
|Title||Duke of Grafton|
|Tenure||7 April 2011 – present|
|Predecessor||Hugh FitzRoy, 11th Duke of Grafton|
|Parents||James Fitzroy, Earl of Euston
Lady Claire Kerr
Henry Oliver Charles FitzRoy, 12th Duke of Grafton (born 6 April 1978), known as Harry Grafton, is an English peer and music promoter. He inherited the Dukedom of Grafton from his grandfather, Hugh FitzRoy, 11th Duke of Grafton, on 7 April 2011.
Grafton is the son of James Oliver Charles FitzRoy, Earl of Euston (1947–2009) and his wife, Lady Claire Amabel Margaret Kerr, the daughter of Peter Kerr, 12th Marquess of Lothian. He was known as Viscount Ipswich from his birth until he succeeded to the dukedom. On his father's death in 2009 he could have taken the title of Earl of Euston, but did not do so.
His ancestor Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton (1663–1690) was an illegitimate son of King Charles II by his mistress Barbara Villiers, Duchess of Cleveland. Grafton shares the surname FitzRoy (meaning "son of the king") with other natural lines descended from Charles II.
From 2002 to 2004 he worked in the United States in music business management, as a radio host in Nashville, Tennessee, and in 2005–2006 as a merchandiser for the Rolling Stones on the A Bigger Bang tour.
In 2007 he moved to London and in 2009, due to the death of his father, he returned to Suffolk to help manage the Euston estate. He currently promotes live music events through his estate.
On 14 August 2010 Lord Ipswich, as he was then known, married Olivia Margaret M. Sladen at Snowshill, Gloucestershire. Their engagement had been announced on 15 April 2010. Their son, Alfred James Charles, Earl of Euston, was born on 26 December 2012. 
Titles and styles
- 6 April 1978 – 7 April 2011: Viscount Ipswich
- Since 7 April 2011: His Grace The Duke of Grafton
|Ancestors of Henry FitzRoy, 12th Duke of Grafton|
- Charles Mosley, ed., Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, vol. II (2004), ISBN 0-9711966-2-1, pp. 1616–1619
- Michael Rhodes posting to Peerage News message list, 15 April 2010
- David Clune, Ken Turner, The Governors of New South Wales 1788-2010 (2009, ISBN 1862877432), p. 203
- Bernard Falk, The Royal Fitz Roys: dukes of Grafton through four centuries (1950), p. 7
- 'GRAFTON, 12th Duke of' in Who's Who 2014 (London: A. & C. Black, 2014); online edition by Oxford University Press, December 2013, accessed 8 March 2014 (subscription site)
- Richard Eden, Class warrior Lord Mandelson upsets his 'toffee-nosed' pals dated 17 April 2010 from The Daily Telegraph at telegraph.co.uk, accessed 8 March 2014
- Henry Oliver Charles FitzRoy at thepeerage.com, accessed 11 April 2011
- "GRAFTON". Daily Telegraph. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (2000), p. 704
|Peerage of England|
|Duke of Grafton