Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel
Earl of Arundel
|Born||3 December 1987|
|Title||Earl of Arundel|
|Parents||Edward Fitzalan-Howard, 18th Duke of Norfolk
Georgina Fitzalan-Howard, Duchess of Norfolk
3 December 1987 |
|2014 British F3|
|Current team||Carlin Motorsport|
|Former teams||Räikkönen Robertson Racing|
|Best finish||9th in 2009|
|2006–2007||Formula BMW UK|
Henry Miles Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel (born 3 December 1987 in London), also known as Henry Arundel, is the elder son and heir apparent of the The Duke of Norfolk, and his wife, Georgina Fitzalan-Howard, Duchess of Norfolk. He was known as Lord Maltravers from birth until 2002.
As his father's heir apparent he is styled Earl of Arundel by courtesy. The Earldom of Arundel is the oldest extant Earldom in the Peerage of England, and possibly the oldest extant peerage in England. From 1999 to 2002 he served as first Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth II.
Arundel was elected to the Motor Sports Association Race Elite Scheme in April 2007, along with 5 other drivers in various British series. In 2008, Arundel raced for Räikkönen Robertson Racing in the British Formula Three Championship. He scored 21 points, finishing 15th in the standings. Arundel signed for reigning champions Carlin Motorsport for 2009.
Lord Arundel also enjoys skiing, hiking, and climbing, primarily in Austria.
Titles and styles
- 3 December 1987- 2002 Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Lord Maltravers
- 2002 - present Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel and Surrey
When Henry inherits the Dukedom of Norfolk from his father, he will receive a number of Earldoms, Baronies, hereditary offices, and titles attached to the Dukedom. These include the following peerages:
- Duke of Norfolk (Premier Duke of England)
- Earl of Arundel
- Earl of Surrey
- Earl of Norfolk
- Baron Beaumont
- Baron Maltravers
- Baron FitzAlan
- Baron Clun
- Baron Oswaldestre
- Baron Howard of Glossop
|Ancestors of Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel|
- Henry Miles Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel Website thePeerage.com
- Henry Arundel profile in 2006
- Description of Arundel's success
- Arundel joins Carlin for 2009
- The Single Peer (18 December 2010). "Earl of the Hour: Henry Miles Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel". http://thesinglepeer.blogspot.com. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- Dod's Parliamentary Companion. Vacher Dod Publishing, Limited. 2004. p. 666. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
|Page of Honour
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to English motor racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|