Fuchs speaking at NASA Langley in 2009
|Residence||Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
|Doctoral advisor||Robert P. Plummer|
|Notable awards||Fellow of the AAAS
Fellow of the ACM
Member of the NAE
ACM SIGGRAPH Achievement Award
Henry Fuchs is a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (AAAS) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the Federico Gil Professor of Computer Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC). He is also an adjunct professor in biomedical engineering. His research interests are in computer graphics, particularly rendering algorithms, hardware, virtual environments, telepresence systems, and applications in medicine. He was previously with the University of Texas at Dallas and is a member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). In 1992, he received both the ACM SIGGRAPH Achievement Award and the Academic Award of the National Computer Graphics Association (NCGA).
- "Faculty Honors: Henry Fuchs". UNC Department of Computer Science. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- "Latin American Studies Scholar, Statesman Federico Gil Dies at 85". UNC News Services. May 2, 2000. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- "Faculty Biography: Henry Fuchs". UNC Department of Computer Science. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- "Henry Fuchs Home Page". UNC Department of Computer Science. Retrieved February 10, 2010.
- "NAE Website - Dr. Henry Fuchs". National Academy of Engineering. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Henry Fuchs home page at the Department of Computer Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- List of publications from the DBLP Bibliography Server
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|