Henry Holland (fashion designer)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
Henry Holland (right) with fellow designer Giles Deacon
26 May 1983 |
Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester, England
|Education||London College of Communication|
|Labels||House of Holland
H! by Henry Holland
Henry Holland BA (Hons) (born 26 May 1983) is an English fashion designer, businessman and blogger from Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester. Holland gained attention with his bold, 1980s-inspired T-shirts that displayed catchphrases such as, "I'll tell you who's boss, Kate Moss" in the 2000s; Holland subsequently designed a full collection and founded his own fashion house. He is well known for his work with model Agyness Deyn.
Prior to the launch of his own company, Holland gained attention with his Fashion Groupies T-shirt designs.
In 2008, Holland launched the "House of Holland" fashion label.
In September 2009, Holland negotiated a deal with the British retailer, Debenhams, for the creation of a fashion line, "H! by Henry Holland"; the line was eventually sold in Debenhams stores from spring 2010.
For Spring/Summer 2010 he designed a pink wedding dress exclusive to LA-based boutique REVOLVE Clothing under his House of Holland line.
Holland's 2011 collection features a number of T-shirts that display acronyms such as "waysb", meaning, "what are you sayin' babes".
In May 2012, Holland's collaboration with sunglasses company, Le Specs, was released. The collection, entitled "Henry Holland for Le Specs", featured sunglass models with names such as "Muffin Top" and "Blinders". The collection campaign featured Australian hip-hop recording artist and model Iggy Azalea.
Following the success of his first two eyewear campaigns starring Iggy Azalea and Ioanna Gika, Holland released his third eyewear campaign, this time featuring model and actress Adwoa Aboah. The range featured a design called 'Cagefighters'.
To mark Magnum's 25th birthday, Henry Holland has created a bespoke 60s inspired dress complete with mimicked cracked chocolate made from layers of fabric and sequins. Holland follows in the footsteps of notable designers, including Karl Lagerfeld, who have also worked with the ice cream company. The dress took over 3 months to complete and is now worth around £5,000.
In 2012 Holland starred as a judge on fashion design show Styled to Rock airing on Sky Living. The show, with Rihanna as executive producer took unknown British designers, giving them the opportunity to design for celebs such as Cheryl Cole, The Saturdays and Katy B. Henry's good friend and self named "muse" Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud fame was another judge on the show.
In February 2009, singer M.I.A. wore his black-and-white, polka dot tulle mini-design while heavily pregnant at the 51st Grammy Awards. The design was from the House of Holland spring/summer 2009 collection.
- Keltner, Jane. "Designer Bio: Henry Holland". Teen Vogue. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Henry Holland's house of fun". The Daily Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. 16 February 2008. Archived from the original on 11 May 2008. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Anastasiadi, Antonia (21 March 2011). "The Evolution of Henry Holland". Yuppie. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Anderson, James (9 July 2012). "Thriving Brits: Henry Holland". The Hunger. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Deborah Linton (18 April 2011). "Ramsbottom designer Henry Holland sets the pace". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Tiffany Neal (30 August 2008). "Henry Holland makes more than just tees for Levi's". Stylelist. AOL Inc. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Lauren Milligan (21 September 2009). "H! By Henry". Vogue. Conde Nast Digital. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Janel Molton (9 May 2012). "MADE IN THE SHADE: Henry Holland For Le Specs". RevolverClothing.com. Eminent, Inc. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Henry Holland designs Magnum dress!". IdolEyes. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Hilary Alexander (9 February 2009). "M. I. A: House of Holland stars at the Grammys". Telegraph. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Hayley (14 September 2010). "Henry and Nicola – Stylist Magazine Interview". nicola roberts. NicolaRoberts.co.uk. Retrieved 30 September 2012.