Henry III, Duke of Mecklenburg
|Henry III, Duke of Mecklenburg|
|Spouse(s)||Ingeborg of Denmark
Matilda of Werle
|Noble family||House of Mecklenburg|
|Father||Albert II, Duke of Mecklenburg|
|Mother||Euphemia of Sweden|
|Died||24 April 1383
- Albrecht IV, co-regent of Mecklenburg from 1383 to 1388
- Euphemia, married from 1377 to John V of Werle-Güstrow
- Mary, mother of Eric of Pomerania, married to Duke Wartislaw VII of Pomerania
- Ingeborg, from 1398 the abbess of the Poor Clares abbey in Ribnitz.
After Ingeborg's death, Henry was married on 26 February 1377 to Matilda of Werle, the daughter of Lord Bernard II of Werle. This marriage remained childless.
After an accident at a tournament in Wismar, Henry III died on 24 April 1383 at his castle in Schwerin and was buried in the Doberan Minster. His brother Magnus I and his son Albert IV took up a brief joint rule of Mecklenburg, which lasted until 1384.
- progressus.se viewed on 19 April 2007
Henry III, Duke of MecklenburgBorn: c. 1337 Died: 24 April 1383
|Duke of Mecklenburg
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|