Henry John Clements
He was born at Ashfield Lodge in County Cavan, the eldest son of the Rt Hon Henry Theophilus Clements and Catharine Beresford.
He was appointed High Sheriff of Leitrim for 1804-05 and Sheriff of Cavan for 1814-15. He became a Member of Parliament for County Leitrim 1805–1818, and County Cavan 1840–1843. He also held the rank of Colonel in the Leitrim militia from 1807 to death.
- Elizabeth Catharine Henrietta, born 14 January 1813 in Dublin, died 21 January 1827.
- Selina, born 23 January 1814 at Killymoon, County Tyrone, died 31 July 1892 at Sidmouth Vicarage, Devon, England - memorial in parish church]; she married on the 31 October 1855 to the Rev. Henry George John Clements, Vicar of Sidmouth (born 3 November 1829, died 1913, buried in Sidmouth), son of Lieut-Colonel John Marcus Clements of Glenboy, County Leitrim.
- Louisa, born 20 January 1816 at Ashfield Lodge, died 17 March 1879 at Exeter, Devon, England.
- Mary Isabella, born 12 December 1817 at Ashfield Lodge, died 6 August 1890 at Sidmouth, Devon, England.
- Henry Theophilus, born 24 July 1820, died unknown; he married on the 1 December 1868 to Gertrude Caroline Lucy Markham (born 28 September 1842 - died unknown), daughter of the Rev. David Frederick Markham, Canon of Windsor and Rector of Great Horkesley, Essex, England.
- Catharine, born 3 February 1822 at Ashford Lodge, died 18 September 1830 at Bagnères-de-Bigorre, Hautes-Pyrénées, France.
- "CLEMENTS, Henry John (1781-1843), of Ashfield Lodge, co. Cavan.". History of Parliament Online. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Clements of Ashford Lodge, County Cavan (Visitation of Ireland).
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Nathaniel Clements and
Peter La Touche
|Member of Parliament for County Leitrim
1805 – 1818
With: Peter La Touche 1802–1806
William Gore 1806–1807
John Latouche 1807–1820
John Latouche and
Somerset Richard Maxwell
|Member of Parliament for County Cavan
1840 - 1843
With: John Young 1831–1855
James Pierce Maxwell
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1780s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|