Henry Myers (shortstop)
|Born: May, 1858
|Died: April 18, 1895
|Batted: Right||Threw: Right|
|August 20, 1881 for the Providence Grays|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 12, 1884 for the Wilmington Quicksteps|
|Career highlights and awards|
After only playing one game for the Providence Grays during the 1881 season, he was part of the Baltimore Orioles of the American Association in 1882. The team had many players with little or no Major League experience, and like Myers, many were from the Philadelphia area. Besides playing shortstop for the Orioles, he was also the manager. They finished last, 14½ games behind the 5th place team, with a 19 and 54 win/loss record. He would never manage again, and made a short playing appearance in 1884 for the Wilmington Quicksteps of the Union Association.
- "Henry Myers' Statistics". retrosheet.org. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "Baseball in Baltimore: The First Hundred Years". by James H. Bready. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "1882 American Association standings". baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "Henry Myers' profile". findagrave.com. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Henry Myers (shortstop) at Find a Grave
|Baltimore Orioles (AA) Managers