From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Henry Osborn Taylor
||1941 (aged 84–85)
||Historian and legal scholar
Henry Osborn Taylor (1856–1941) was an American historian and legal scholar.
- A Treatise on the Law of Private Corporations Having Capital Stock, The Banks Law Publishing Co., 1904 [1st Pub. Kay & Brother, 1884].
- The Classical Heritage of the Middle Ages, The Columbia University Press, 1901; 2nd ed., 1903; 3rd ed., 1911; 4th ed. New York, F. Ungar Pub. Co., 1957].
- The Emergence of Christian Culture in the West: the Classical Heritage of the Middle Ages, Harper, 1958.
- The Mediaeval Mind; a History of the Development of thought and Emotion in the Middle Ages, 2 Vols, Macmillan Company, 1911.
- Ancient Ideals; a Study of Intellectual and Spiritual Growth from Early times to the Establishment of Christianity, 2 Vols, The Macmillan Company, 1913 (Reprint., New York: F. Ungar Pub. Co., 1964).
- Deliverance, the Freeing of the Spirit in the Ancient World, The Macmillan Company, 1915.
- Prophets, Poets and Philosophers of the Ancient World, The Macmillan Company, 1919 [1st Pub. 1915].
- Thought and Expression in the Sixteenth Century, 2 Vols, Macmillan Company, 1920.
- Greek Biology and Medicine, Marshall Jones Company, 1922.
- Freedom of the Mind in History, New York, 1923 [Reprint., Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1970].
- Human Values and Verities, Macmillan & Co., Limited, 1928.
- Fact: The Romance of Mind, The Macmillan Company, 1932.
- A Layman's View of History, The Macmillan Company, 1935 [Reprint, New York: AMS Press, 1978].
- A Historian's Creed, Harvard University Press, 1939 (Reprint, Port Washington, N.Y.: Kennikat Press, 1969).
- The Humanism of Italy, Collier, 1962.
- The French Mind, Collier, 1962.
- "Development of Constitutional Government in the American Colonies," The Magazine of American History, Vol. II, N°. 12, December 1878.
- "Héloïse," The International Quarterly, Vol. VI, 1902/1903.
- "The Worlds of Salimbene," The International Quarterly, Vol. XII, October 1905/January 1906.
- "The Wisdom of the Ages," The Yale Review, Vol. VII, 1918.
- "Modern Civilization," The Saturday Review, November 3, 1928.
- "Annals of Culture," The Saturday Review, April 19, 1930.