Henry Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Henry Township, Ohio|
Location of Henry Township in Wood County
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (45/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087184|
Henry Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 4,175 people in the township, 743 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Liberty Township - north
- Portage Township - northeast corner
- Bloom Township - east
- Allen Township, Hancock County - southeast
- Portage Township, Hancock County - south
- Pleasant Township, Hancock County - southwest corner
- Jackson Township - west
- Milton Township - northwest
The village of North Baltimore is located in southeastern Henry Township.
Name and history
It is the only Henry Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Henry Township House is located on Quarry Road, between Mitchell and North Baltimore roads.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Henry township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.