Henry Trevor, 21st Baron Dacre
Born Henry Otway Brand, he was the second son of Thomas Brand and the 19th Baroness Dacre. In 1806, he married Pyne Crosbie (a sister of the William Crosbie, 4th Baron Brandon and ex-wife of Sir John Gordon, 6th Baronet) and they had six children:
- Hon. Thomas Crosbie William, later 22nd Baron Dacre (1808–1890)
- Hon. Henry Bouverie William, later 23rd Baron Dacre and 1st Viscount Hampden (1814–1892)
- Hon. Pyne Jesse (d. 1872), married (1) John Cotterell, (2) Granville Harcourt-Vernon.
- Hon. Julia (d. 1858), married Samuel Charles Whitbread.
- Hon. Gertrude (d. 1883), married Sir George Seymour.
- Hon. Frederica Mary Jane (1812-1873).
In 1807, he fought at Copenhagen and commanded the 1st Battalion of the Coldstream Guards during the Peninsular War, seeing action at Salamanca, Talavera and Buçaco. In 1815, he was appointed a Companion of the Order of the Bath and on inheriting the estates of his cousin, John Trevor-Hampden, 3rd Viscount Hampden, changed his surname to Trevor. In 1851, he inherited his childless brother's title and also became a General that year. Upon the death of Lord Dacre in 1853, his title passed to his eldest son, Thomas.
Sir Colin Halkett
|Colonel of the 31st (Huntingdonshire) Regiment of Foot
Sir Alexander Leith[disambiguation needed]
|Peerage of England|
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|