Henry VI, Count of Luxembourg
|Count of Luxemburg, Durbuy, Laroche and Arlon|
|Reign||24 December 1281 – 5 June 1288|
|Henry VII, Holy Roman Emperor
Walram, Seigneur de Dourlers, de Thirimont et de Consorre
Margaret, Prioress of Marienthal
Felicitas, Lady of Gaesbeck
Baldwin, Archbishop Elector of Trier
|House||House of Luxemburg|
|Father||Henry V, Count of Luxembourg|
|Mother||Margaret of Bar|
|Died||5 June 1288 (aged 37–38)
Henry VI (c. 1240 – 5 June 1288) was count of Luxembourg and Arlon from the death of his father, Henry V the Blond in 1281 until his own death at the battle of Worringen, seven years later, when he was succeeded by his son, Henry VII.
Henry was the son of Henry V the Blond and Margaret of Bar. His father took part in Saint Louis's crusade against Tunis and he continued this war, being killed alongside three of his brothers at the Battle of Worringen by a knight of John I, Duke of Brabant.
Henry married Beatrice d'Avesnes (d. 1 March 1321, daughter of Baldwin and granddaughter of Bouchard IV of Avesnes) around 1260–1 and they had three sons, two of whom attained the highest honours and excellence:
- Baldwin, afterwards Archbishop-Elector of Trier, and
- Henry, who would become King of the Romans in 1308 and Holy Roman Emperor (as Henry VII) in 1309, being crowned as such by Pope Clement V in 1312.
- Walram, died at the siege of Brescia in 1311
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
|Ancestors of Henry VI, Count of Luxembourg|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Henry VI of Luxembourg|
- Lundy, Darryl. "Henri VI, Comte de Luxembourg". The Peerage.[unreliable source], thePeerage.com
- Lundy, Darryl. "Beatrix d'Avesnes". The Peerage.[unreliable source], thePeerage.com
- Lundy, Darryl. "Baudoin d'Avesnes". The Peerage.[unreliable source], thePeerage.com
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Herbermann, Charles, ed. (1913). Catholic Encyclopedia. Robert Appleton Company.
Henry VI, Count of LuxembourgBorn: c. 1240 Died: 5 June 1288
|Count of Luxembourg
|Count of Arlon
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a member of the Luxembourgish nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|