Henry Wase Whitfield
|Died||30 March 1877
|Commands held||Commander of British Troops in China, Hong Kong and the Straits Settlements|
Lieutenant General Henry Wase Whitfield (Chinese: 威非路) (1814 - 30 March 1877) was the Lieutenant Governor of Hong Kong and Commander of British Troops in China, Hong Kong and the Straits Settlements.
He was promoted to Major-General in 1868 and appointed Commander of British Troops in China, Hong Kong and the Straits Settlements in 1869.
- The London Gazette: . 26 February 1828. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
- The Colonist, 3 May 1877
- The London Gazette: . 15 September 1868. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
- British and Indian armies on the China coast 1785-1985 by Harfield, A G, Published by A and J Partnership, 1990, Pages 483-484 ISBN 0-9516065-0-6
- Yanne, Andrew; Heller, Gillis (2009). Signs of a Colonial Era. Hong Kong University Press. p. 51. ISBN 9789622099449.
- Brief Information on proposed Grade I Items. Items #43 and #44
|Commander of British Troops in China, Hong Kong
and the Straits Settlements
Sir Francis Colborne
Sir Richard Graves MacDonnell
|Administrator of Hong Kong
Sir Arthur Edward Kennedy